Have you ever tasted waffles with pearl sugar and honey? I fell in love during a trip to Belgium in the Christmas period where the stalls of the markets offered these typical sweets with different glazes and in different flavors.
Today, we propose an absolutely perfect version to make your Christmas breakfasts even more special.
- 70 ml of warm milk
- 12 g of brewer’s yeast
- 1 medium egg
- 180 gr. of flour
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100 grams of butter
- 125 gr. of pearl sugar
- Powdered sugar to decorate
How to cook:
- Prepare the dough of the waffles by adding the warm milk to the yeast. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Then add the egg and continue to whisk until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Pour the flour, honey and vanilla. Only at the end, add the softened butter and knead again for 5 minutes adding each time the pearl sugar.
- Let it rise for 2 hours at room temperature. After this period preheat the waffle plate, form the balls and cook for at least 3 min.
- Serve the vanilla waffles with pearl sugar and honey with plenty of powdered sugar. If you prefer, you can also glaze waffles with dark or white chocolate.