In the month of the December festivities, we have plenty of options and occasions to prepare delicious food and share it with friends and family. After the rich Christmas menu comes the festive brunch and of course the long-awaited New Year's Eve party. In addition to good mood and good intentions, you need a really good meal at the turn of the year. Fortunately, this does not necessarily mean spending hours in the kitchen and mastering a five-course meal again. Tasty fingerfoot recipes for New Year's Eve are a perfect help for this. Today we have 3 of them ready for you. These can be prepared very simply and quickly and will definitely be delicious for your guests. Just try our recipes. Who knows, maybe these will soon be your favorites for any party.
Simple finger food recipes for your New Year's Eve party
Quick cheese balls with nuts
These delicious balls of cream cheese are not only very easy and quick to prepare, but also delicious and healthy. These can be arranged nicely, for example, with sprigs of rosemary and can be eaten with the help of salted sticks. Depending on the taste you can use different nuts for garnishing and experiment with the cheese preparation as well.
Below you will find the basic recipe.
Fingerfood recipes that should be tried
- 250 g package of cream cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Gouda cheese approx. 150 g
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced spring onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- chopped, roasted walnuts (optional)
- Put in a large bowl of cream cheese, Gouda cheese and butter. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth. Stir in spring onion and dill as well.
- Form the mixture into ten balls. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, optimally overnight. If desired, place the balls in a single layer in a freezer. Seal cheese balls and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator or roll the chilled fresh balls one at a time into any topper and then let it rest briefly. Serve with crackers and / or flatbread.
Topping tips: Sesame, black and white, chopped parsley, spring onion, crushed nachos, chopped nuts
Just let it all go when garnishing your culinary imagination!
Baked mushrooms with blue cheese
Our second recipe does not cost you much more time and effort than the first one. However, you need the oven for a short time. Feel free to try some variations to your own taste.
- 500 g white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- 150 g of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Delicious mushrooms with a nutty taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Wash the mushrooms, carefully remove the stems and place them on a chopping board. To remove, place the mushroom caps on a clean towel with the gills side down. Chop the mushroom stalks. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan and heat. Add the chopped mushroom stalks and onions. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the pan is almost dry (about 5 minutes). Let cool down.
- Spread almonds on a tin pan and roast for about 8 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool, then roughly chop. Grind the bread in a food processor to crumble.
- In a large bowl mix the sauteed mushroom stalks, chopped almonds, breadcrumbs, blue cheese and salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients well with each other. Lightly oil a large tin pan or casserole that you can use to serve. Fill the mushroom caps with your fingers with plenty of the mixture. Put on the prepared pan.
- Bake the mushrooms for about 25 minutes until the tops are browned. Serve warm.
For example, broccoli, feta and garlic are an extremely tasty idea
Puff pastry basket with chicken and cranberries
These delicious snacks are not only perfect as New Year's Eve finger food, but they are suitable for every occasion and taste great and small excellently. Garnished with fresh mint leaves or thyme, they even introduce a refreshing spring breeze and lift your mood even more.
- 1 1/2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, only thawed
- 1 small smoked chicken breast, finely chopped
- 100 g Brie, cut into 24 smooth pieces
- 100g (1/4 cup) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Experiment here with other ingredients and create your own appetizers
- Preheat the oven with convection to 200 degrees.
- Cut the whole puff pastry leaf into 16 straight squares. Cut the half sheet into 8 straight squares. Place mini-muffin molds with a capacity of 1 1/2 tablespoons (30 ml) with dough pieces (the dough edges are higher than the muffin holes). Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Then bake the dough for 10 minutes or until golden yellow and crispy. Lightly press on the dough with a spoon. Fill each hole with a little smoked chicken breast and top with some brie and cranberry sauce.
- Put the bites back in the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until golden yellow and the cheese is slightly melted. Sprinkle with chives and thyme.
Have a good appetite and a happy new year!
A little inspiration for delicious finger food recipes for New Year's Eve:
Shrimp and salmon are a true classic at every buffet and occasion
Combined with cream cheese and pancakes … a real culinary dream
Antipasti skewers are also popular and preferred by many
Vegans and vegetarians prefer grilled vegetables
As well as fresh vegetables with hummus and spices
Avocado, crunchy cucumber and carrot sticks are also among the favorites
Or delicious fruit …
Something hearty should already be there
In addition to mini-pizza finger food recipes also offer Parma ham, cheese and sausages